In comparison with the earlier regulations, this Decree adds more fines and increases fine levels imposed on administrative violations against regulations on construction sector and real estate business. In particular:
- To add a fine ranging from VND 30,000,000 to VND 40,000,000 imposed on any investor that selects unqualified domestic contractors. With regard to the act of selecting unqualified foreign contractors, a fine ranging from VND 40,000,000 to VND 50,000,000 shall be increased to the range from VND 70,000,000 to VND 80,000,000 (Article 7);
- To add a fine ranging from VND 50,000,000 to VND 60,000,000 imposed on the act of formulation of construction project which is not conformable with the construction planning; it is unable to ensure the project's capital (Article 11);
- To add a fine ranging from VND 80,000,000 to VND 100,000,000 imposed on any investor for commencing the construction work but failure to ensure funding (Article 14);
- A fine ranging from VND 60,000,000 to VND 70,000,000 shall be increased to the range from VND 250,000,000 to VND 300,000,000 with regard to the act of trading real estate which fails to satisfy requirements for trading or is banned from trading (Clause 3 Article 57);
- A fine ranging from VND 100,000,000 to VND 150,000,000 shall be increased to the range from VND 270,000,000 to VND 300,000,000 with regard to the act of transfer of a real estate project but failure to satisfy all requirements or failure to follow procedures (Clause 4 Article 57).
This Decree takes effect from January 15th, 2018.
This Decree replaces Decree No. 121/2013/ND-CP dated October 10th, 2013 and Decree No. 180/2007/ND-CP dated December 7th, 2007.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 340|
16/2022/NĐ-CP - New fine levels imposed on penalties for administrative violations in construction